+ Reply to Thread
    ESCO is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up The Fast and Flurry-ous 2010 - Boulder, Colorado

The Fast and Flurry-ous Cross Country meet was held at Harlow Platts Park in Boulder, Colorado. Registration was $20 in advance or $25 on race day. Registration fee included a Saucony hat and mittens and a $20 gift card to Frasca. Race proceeds went to benefit Expand.

The field at The Fast and Flurry-ous was not large but competition was strong due to the following prize breakdown:

4 Miler Awards- Male and Female
    1st place overall = $200
    2nd place overall = $100
    3rd place overall = $50
    Top Age Groupers receive $25 gift certificate to BRC: 14 and under,
    15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59,
    60-69, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+

In the past the course was four miles, however this year due to ice on the course, some adjustments were made that increased the distance to 4.1 miles. I applaud the Boulder Road Runners for making the course safer and to Benji Durden for taking the time to measure the modified course and inform runners exactly how much further the new course was. Benji and his crew do a great job putting on this race.

The race itself was low key with separate races for the men and women. The three laps around Harlow Platts Park makes for a tough run but it also makes for easy spectating as spectators can watch the runners pass by multiple times and see how the race unfolds. I was also a fan of the gloves and hat that were given away, a nice change from the standard cotton t-shirt.

The Fast and Flurry-ous CC race was a great value and well organized, I've run this race for the last three years and plan to be back in 2011. My only suggestion is that they really need to do a better job marketing the race, it seems like the last two years runners only hear about this race 2-3 weeks before it happens. Yes, most of the runners in the know sort of expect it, but if they are hoping to attract more runners advertising needs to be stepped up.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cimg0046.jpg