Racing with the Stars

The 2nd annual Racing with the Stars switched venues this year moving to Lakeshore Athletic Club in Broomfield. I ran with the Stars last year, and this year paced a small group of 32 minute 5kers. (I did some volunteer work for the race organizer prior to the race). I said last year that this is a great race for swag, and that was also the case this year. The entry fee includes a nice tech shirt. There were plenty of black and yellow “Racing with the Stars” socks, and dinner glasses AND long sleeve t-shirts.

In addition, the post race expo offered plenty of breakfast food and drink. All that is grade A. For whatever reason, (and I think it is because this race is late in the season) there were not a lot of runners (under 100). The course is run mainly on concrete and is an out and back offering, circling near Flatirons Mall. It’s not a course where you are going to set a PR, and that may have contributed to the smaller numbers.

There is plenty of parking at Lakeshore Athletic club, which also provided the restrooms, and indoor changing. All of those are major bonuses for a smaller 5k race. I spoke with the race director post race, and there has been some discussion about moving this race on the calendar prior to the Bolder Boulder and including a 10k pace group. I think that would make this a unique event. Overall grade 8.