+ Reply to Thread
    ESCO is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Phantom 4 Miler 2011 - Loveland, CO

The second annual Phantom 4 Miler benefited the Denkai Animal Sanctuary and the race was held at Embassy Suites Hotel in Loveland. The race had 256 finishers, results here.

The race started and finished in the Embassy Suites parking lot and the course led runners out onto a nearby road for a loop and then back to the parking lot. The course was great, a few hills but minimal turns and I always prefer to run on roads and on an original course. The shirt was a cotton t-shirt, but well designed. When I normally received a cotton t-shirt from a race, it generally goes in a bag for Goodwill but I liked this shirt enough to keep it and have worn it a few times.

The race was a Halloween themed race, so many runners came in costumes as well as costumes for their dog. There was a DJ blasting tunes which helped to keep things festive. The race started on time and the course was well marked and managed.

After the race there was a Bone Chilling Breakfast and I have to say I was impressed. I've been to a few breakfast post race and this one topped them all, you know that a hotel is going to have one hell of a breakfast buffet and the Embasy Suites did not disappoint. I literally would have paid $10 for the breakfast alone, tons of food, drinks, custom omelets, etc. Fantastic and tasty.

Overall, great race, well done!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails imag0286.jpg   phantom-4m-course-loveland.jpg