+ Reply to Thread
    ESCO is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Hoofin' It Through the Hollows 5K 2011 - Centennial, CO

The Hoofin' It Through the Hollows 5K was put on by the South Suburban Recreation Center at Goodson Recreation Center. Ah, the High Line Canal where I do most of my running and you can't pass up a race on your home course that's a mile from the house. The t-shirt was well designed and even glows in the dark, always a cool feature.This was a Halloween themed race that started at 6pm on a Saturday. The race had around 250 runners and walkers, a great turnout.

The course consisted of a loop and then an out and back on the wonderful High Line Canal. My Garmin had the course at 3.03 and my time indicated that the course was indeed short, which was odd because mile markers 1 and 2 were not short. Something they'll want to fix for next year.At the conclusion of the race the sun was setting and I did a two mile cool down on the canal and the coyotes were howling in full force, definitely added to the spooky vibe. The post race festivities were fantastic, both of my kids were there and they loved being able to toast marshmallows over a fire and they even had a kids dash.I rarely win races and this was one that I was able to take the W in, even if it's a small race you have to take some joy in winning.

Overall great event, I was really impressed and will plan on running this one next year and defending my title! Results HERE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hoofin-through-hollows-5k-course-map-2011.jpg   imag0288.jpg