+ Reply to Thread
    ESCO is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Freeman Myre Corporate Challenge 5K 2011 - Louisville, CO

The fourth annual Freeman Myre Corporate Challenge 5K took place on 7/28/2011 on a Wednesday at 6pm. This was my second year running the race, liked it enough to come back for another year. Part of it is that I enjoy weekday races and I like running in the evening, perfect fit.The race had 248 finishers in the race, results here. The race was chipped timed, results were prompt and online in a matter of hours after the race. Runners also received a nice, red, technical t-shirt.The race was comprised of individuals running the corporate challenge and individuals like myself who were just there to race a 5K. The course was flat and relatively fast, with a nice downhill to the finish line. My only complaint was that the course was a tenth of a mile short last year and was a tenth of a mile short this year. Always frustrating to finish a 5K and realize that the course was short, especially when you are having a good race. What makes this race even more fun is after the citizens race there is an elite race, with prize money up for grabs. The race is essentially a straight line where the elites run to one end, make a U turn, run to the other end and make another U turn, with each "lap" equating to approximately 1.03 miles. The format for racing isn't great for the elites, but it was spectator friendly and allows the crowd to get invovled and watch the runners pass by six times. This year the women also received a head start and the men were in pursuit, with the first one to cross the finish line receiving an added bonus.Last year the elite race was short in distance and this year the elites were saying the course was long. However, the course distance was even more important considering that the women got a head start and a money bonus was on the line, a short course would favor the women, however if the course was long that would favor the men.Next year the race will be managed by Endurance Sports Marketing, thus some changes will be in order. Overall, I really like the event, just wish that they would accurately measure the course, pretty easy even if you have to do it with a Garmin it would fall in the good enough category.I think with regards to improving the race, I'd move it to a Friday and have a killer post race BBQ after the race, just charge an additional $5, oh and make sure the course distance is accurate in 2012.I plan on running this one in 2012, hopefully entering in Colorado Race Timing in the corporate challenge!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails freeman-myre-corporate-challenge-course-map-5k.jpg   freeman-myre-corporate-challenge-elevation-profile.jpg