+ Reply to Thread
    ESCO is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Apex Father's Day 5K 2011 - Arvada, CO

The Apex Father's Day 5K took place in Arvada, Colorado, on Father's Day of course. The race was chipped timed and the distance was accurate acccording to my Garmin.

The race was run on city roads, which is something I love, that and the course was unique. Running around City Park and Wash. Park can get old, thus great to get a fresh course. The first mile and a half were slightly uphill which meant a slight downhill finish, overall I would say the course was relatively fast. The race also offered up cash prizes for the top two men and women, which helped bring out a competetive field.

Post race their was a breakfast and plenty of refreshments.

The shirt, loved the shirt. Anytime you can get a technical shirt at a road race it's a plus. Cotton shirts, they go straight to Goodwill, I just don't have a need for anymore cotton shirts. Technical shirts will get worn, as long as it's comfortable and relatively stylish. Well the Father's Day 5K went with a tie shirt (picture below) on a navy blue shirt, which I thought was pretty cool. The other day I went out for a ten mile run and got a lot of stares and a few "cool shirt" comments, thus kuddos for the unique idea.

Overall one of the better 5Ks that I have participated in, in the Denver area. Next Father's Day, check it out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails apex-fathers-day-5k-course-map.jpg   fathers-day-5k-elevation-profile.jpg   imag0137.jpg