Last year I got my half marathon PR at Colfax running a 1:20:32, had a great race and it was big motivator going into the San Diego Marathon which was three weeks out.
At the time I was peaking for the marathon, this year I was about two months out from the LA Marathon, training has been around 30-50mpw and I've literally done one hard workout and that was a wimpy four mile tempo run.
I had no idea what to expect, thought I would shoot for a 1:21 and that might be optimistic.
05/02 - 8 miles
05/03 - 15 miles with Tristan @ 7:04
05/04 - 3.5 miles
05/05 - 15 miles with Tristan and Dan V.
05/06 - 8 miles
05/07 - 5 miles
05/08 - 6 miles * Total 60.5 Miles * Racing the Colfax Half on Sunday. No idea what I can run right now, like to be in the 1:20's. Have only done one quality workout since LA Marathon.
* Glad to see summer, but I hate running in the heat. Movies:
04/25 - 8 miles
04/26 - 8 miles
04/27 - 8 miles
04/28 - 15 miles with Tristan
04/29 - 4 miles
04/30 - 5 miles
05/01 - off Total 48 Miles
* Happy with 48 miles considering how much work that I had to do over the week.
* Plantar Fasciitis is getting better, switched from the Piranhas to the Saucony A4s. Also going more barefoot in the house, before I was wearing socks, it sounds weird but it feels better when my big toe is allowed
04/18 - 8 miles
04/19 - off
04/20 - 10 miles with Tristan
04/21 - 10 miles
04/22 - 6 miles
04/23 - off
04/24 - off * Total 34 Miles
* Easter weekend killed the running plans. I did go bowling on Sunday, first time in about ~12 years, bowled a 162, had four strikes. I even had three frames where I bowled a 9 on my first throw and was unable to pick up the spare, could have had a monster game if I could have picked up the spare, or knew
04/11 - 6 miles
04/12 - 12 miles with Tristan
04/13 - 6 miles with 4 mile tempo run at 6:09 pace
04/14 - 15 miles with Tristan at 7:15 pace
04/15 - off
04/16 - 6 miles
04/17 - off * Total 45 Miles
* Not much to report on the movie front, watching Mad Men Season 4 and Weeds Season 6. Man Men, probably my favorite show on TV, Weeds is not as good as the earlier years. I did watch The Joneses via NetFlix streaming, it was decent and Freakonomics