03/28 - 5 miles
03/29 - 4 miles
03/30 - 6 miles
03/31 - 8 miles
04/01 - off
04/02 - off
04/03 - off * Total 23 Miles
* Not much to report, took it easy last week. Was also doing the solo parent bit over the weekend which meant it was not possible to run.
* After a marathon, I am sore. I often hear people talk about not being sore the next day. I can barely go up and down stairs for 3-4 days after a marathon. I guess in some
Sitting in Dodger Stadium, with two hours 'till the start of the race, huddled into a ball to keep warm, I asked myself "How will you respond when the pain comes?" It's a question that I pose to myself often. It would have to be answered at mile 21.
I've got this marathon thing figured out, having negative split my last 4/5 marathons the marathon does not scare me. The first 20 miles will not hurt, it's those last six that make or break you. That's where minutes are gained or lost;
03/07 - 10 miles @ 6:29
03/08 - 6 miles
03/09 - 8 miles @ 6:30
03/10 - 6 miles
03/11 - 14 miles
03/12 - off
03/13 - Runnin' of the Green 7K (5 miles w/u & c/d) * Total 52.35 Miles
* Monday, 10 miles at 6:29 felt great, felt easy.
* Spent the week in Crested Butte timing Nordic races. Did my running on the 'mill.
* 03/11 turned 33. Ran 14 miles, warmer than usual out and I felt F'n awful. I had been dehydrated all week in
02/28 - 6 miles
03/01 - 12 miles with Tristan M. at 7:03
03/02 - 10 miles with 8*2min at half marathon race pace
03/03 - 11 miles with Tristan M. at 7:10
03/04 - 18 miles @ 6:52 pace
03/05 - 10 miles in Frisco
03/06 - Off, skiing in BC * Total 67 miles
* Feeling fit, ready for LA Marathon