Week in Review - 12/06 to 12/12
by, 12-13-2010 at 03:33 PM (962 Views)
12/06 - 6 miles
12/07 - 8 miles with 4*5 minutes at 10k race pace (Fartlek)
12/08 - 9.5 miles. Planned on running 12 miles, Achilles was really hurting.
12/09 - 2 miles in Vibrams
12/10 - 4 miles in Vibrams
12/11 - 7 miles with 2*15 minutes at 6:21 pace and 6:22 pace
12/12 - 8 miles in Vibrams
Total 44.5 Miles
* Wednesday's run was horrible. My Achilles hurt from the start of the run and I had to make a B line to get home and not run the full 12 miles. I got home, rather pissed, thinking the LA Marathon might be derailed by the Achilles.
* Looking over some old training logs I realized that the two months leading up to San Diego Marathon I had stopped running in my Vibrams. They also tell you if you have Achilles pain to avoid running in Vibrams. Thus, I figured I should run 2 miles in the Vibrams and see how I felt. Felt awesome, the pain was reduced by 80%.
* I ran 4 in the Vibrams on Friday and it reduced pressure on my Achilles, so I ran 8 in the Vibrams on Sunday as well.
* I've never had calf pain or much adjustment needed to run in the Vibrams but the back of my heel gets rather cut up from the rubbing. I did some surgery on my Vibrams, cut the tightening cord and part of the back off to reduce rub. Now they fit really loose, but more comfortable.
* This week I also incorporated eccentric calf raises into my routine, those seem to be helping a bit. I'm going to play the Achilles by ear, if it start hurting, I'll cut the run short.
* Urban Explorers - 2/5 Stars (The concept is awesome, but the documentary itself could have been better)
* Harry Brown - 1/5 Stars (Turned it off after 30 minutes, predictable and lame)
* Dexter - Started on season one now on season two, I dig it.