Week in Review - 01/02 to 01/08
by, 01-09-2012 at 02:03 PM (517 Views)
01/02 - 5 miles
01/03 - 11 miles
01/04 - 6 miles
01/05 - 10 miles
01/06 - off
01/07 - off
01/08 - off
Total 32 Miles
* I took most of December off, think I ran about 24 miles the entire month. It was nice. I had some lingering pain in my foot (plantar fasciitis) and the back of my knee (I think it's a ligament) and thought the time off would help, but I don't think it really did. Both of them are the type of injuries that I can run through and they bother me more when I'm not running than when I am.
* I raced 20 times in 2011, a lot higher than I would have guessed. Right now the only race that I have on the calendar is the Ralston Half Marathon and I'm expecting to be slow. I'd like to get a spring marathon on the schedule, then sometimes I think about doing more speed work in the spring and focusing all my efforts on a fall marathon.
* Goal is to still run a <2:40 before I'm dead, but odds are if it doesn't happen in the next 2-3 years it never will.
* It's odd how living in the suburbs is less convenient for winter running than when I lived in Denver. The High Line is a mess right now, thus the only good option is the Platte Trail which is about a ten minute drive from my house. I can run from my house on city streets but they are all pretty busy and less than desireable. When I lived in Denver it was great because you could run on all the city side streets, limited traffic and the snow was plowed. That 10 minute drive to Platte is enough for me to sometimes bag a run, pathetic I know.
* A few movies here and there, nothing worth mentioning. I did start watching Breaking Bad and am almost down with the second season, I enjoy it.