Entries with no category
I had a solid run of marathons; CIM - 2:54, NYC - 2:48, San Diego - 2:46, LA - 2:43:50. In the past my marathon had been my best race of the year, I had peaked at the right time and always seemed to rise to the occasion. I also knew the streak of improvement would come to an end someday, that day was Sunday.
Leading up to the marathon I had low confidence, I wasn't racing well and I simply lacked confidence. However, I thought I still had a 50% chance of PR'ing, so I set a goal for
11/14 - off
11/15 - 6 miles
11/16 - 6 miles
11/17 - off
11/18 - 5 miles around U of Penn and Drexel
11/19 - 2 miles on hotel treadmill
11/20 - Philadelphia Marathon - 2:51
08/01 - 8 miles
08/02 - 12 mile with Tristan
08/03 - 8 miles
08/04 - 12 miles with Tristan
08/05 - 10 miles at Deer Creek Canyon with Seth K.
08/06 - 6 miles with Lori
08/07 - off * Total 56.2 Miles
* I can now do a trail run and not have my shoulders and neck muscles be sore, that's improvement.
* Getting excited for TransRockies Netlix
* The Lottery - 5/5 Stars
07/25 - 2 miles
07/26 - 8 miles
07/27 - Freeman Myre 5K in ~17:40 (2 mile warmup)
07/28 - 15 miles with Tristan
07/29 - 12.2 miles at Lair 'o Bear with Seth K.
07/30 - off
07/31 - 8 miles with Lori W. * Total 50.1 miles
* Would have had a post college PR in hte 5K had the Freeman Myre 5K not been a tenth of a mile too short. Good sign considering my training has been decent, but I have yet to ramp it up for the fall. The race was also
07/04 - off
07/05 - 10 miles
07/06 - 15 miles
07/07 - 10 miles
07/08 - off
07/09 - off
07/10 - 8 miles * Total 43 Miles
* Not a great week, work was my primary excuse, but still not an excuse.
* My training partner Tristan is back running again, so hopefully that will help get me out in the hot summer days where I lack motivation.
* They opened a Maid-Rite in my 'hood, growing up in Iowa they were/are everywhere. Decent sandwiches,