RunColo Blog - Featuring opinions on the Colorado running scene and personal training.
03/23 - 6 miles
03/24 - 12 miles
03/25 - 10 miles AM + 5 mile track session in PM
03/26 - 10 miles
03/27 - 15 miles
03/28 - off
03/29 - 7 miles
* Total 65 Miles
* Starting to get into shape, I think.
* I hadn't done a solid track workout in a long time, felt good. I've always enjoyed intervals, to me they are a lot easier than a tempo run which I consider the toughest workout. Movies:
Girl with Dragon Tattoo
04/16 - 5 miles
04/17 - 10 miles + 3.1 miles mapping out a course in the evening.
04/18 - 10 miles
04/19 - 10 miles
04/20 - 15 miles with 5 miles at 6:13 pace, Tristan kept me in line.
04/21 - 7 miles with Ryan K. getting lost in Pueblo
04/22 - Off Total - 60.11 Miles
* Weight down to 164lbs, goal racing weight is 157lbs, but I'd say my every day racing weight goal is 160 to 162lbs. Lost 6lbs in the last two months, slower than I thought
04/09 - 6 miles
04/10 - 10 miles
04/11 - 10 miles
04/12 - 10 miles
04/13 - 6 miles
04/14 - off
04/15 - Platte Half Marathon + 1.5 w/u Total 56.6 Miles
* Last year I ran three half marathons, all of them were in the 1:20s. I knew going into the Platte that I was not in 1:20 half shape and thought a 1:22 might be realistic. At about mile 8, I started to slow down quite a bit, tough headwind for most of the race and the lack of doing any
04/02 - 5.7 miles
04/03 - 10 miles
04/04 - 10 miles
04/05 - 8 miles
04/06 - 15 miles
04/07 - off
04/08 - 3 miles w/u & c/d 5K in 19:03 Total - 54.80 Miles
* Ran the Hams and Hamstrings 5K, I thought I was in low 18 5K shape, but the course was really goofy, running through dirt fields, tons of turns and all the runners missed a turn that added about .04 onto the course, so it's hard to say. Plus, I wasn't really in the mood to race that
03/26 - 10 miles
03/27 - skied Beaver Creek
03/28 - skied Beaver Creek
03/29 - 10 miles
03/30 - 10 miles
03/31 - 10 miles
04/01 - 9.25 miles Total 54.25 Miles
* I feel like I am starting to get into decent shape.
* Need to get a few more races on the calendar to get motivated, but making progress.
* KSU Vs. Kentucky, the two teams I hate most in college basketball playing for the championship, uhh. Excited for the John Groce