RunColo Blog - Featuring opinions on the Colorado running scene and personal training.
12/03 - 10 miles
12/04 - 10 miles
12/05 - 4 miles
12/06 - 10 miles
12/07 - 10 miles
12/08 - off
12/09 - 17 miles at 7:20 pace with the boys
Total 61 Miles
* Signed up this week for the New Orleans Rock 'n' Roll Marathon, on February 24th.
* I've never been to New Orleans and the timing works out well for me, before I get busy with the timing season.
* Time to get crackin' on the training, wanted to get two base weeks in, then
11/26 - 10 miles
11/27 - 10 miles
11/28 - Rest
11/29 - 10 miles
11/30 - 10 miles
12/01 - 10 miles
12/02 - 15 miles at 7:01 pace
* Total 65 Miles
* Solid week of training. I am contemplating running the New Orleans Rock 'n' Roll Marathon in February. I wanted to put in a decent week of training before I committed, wanted to make sure the body was feeling up to another marathon cycle.
* I'm 75% sure that I will sign up for NOLA.
I've had my eye on running Marine Corps Marathon all year long. I only had one marathon on the calendar this year, thus I was focused to peak for the marathon.
Going into the race, I was in the best shape of my life. I had run a half marathon PR at Denver Rock 'N Roll and had run a 5K in 17 flat at Des Moines the week before.
I arrived in DC on Wednesday (10/24), my first trip to DC. I got off the plane to experience temperatures hovering around 87 degrees. It was hot and
10/08 - 10 miles
10/09 - 10 miles
10/10 - 10 miles
10/11 - 10 miles
10/12 - 2*2m at 6:07, 6:04, 6:00 pace. 12.2 total miles
10/13 - 10 miles
10/14 - 10m @ 6:19 pace, plus 2w/u and 3 c/d for 15 total miles Total = 77.20 Miles
Early in the week, felt awful running. I had no energy and felt lethargic. On Thursday I woke up and weighed myself, tipped the scales at 153lbs. It was a WTF moment, I weighed 159lbs a week prior. That day I drank
10/01 - 22 Miles
10/02 - 12 miles
10/03 - 12 miles
10/04 - 10 miles @ 6:22 pace
10/05 - 10 miles @ 7:00 pace in Madison, WI
10/06 - 10 miles in Decorah, IA
10/07 - Off Total - 76 Miles * Should have been my big mileage week, but it didn't happen.